We all felt it! That moment right after Halloween when the temperature just dropped. It was like the SECOND November hit, San Francisco decided to leave its Indian Summer behind and all its residents preparing to face the chilly winter with…….of course, alcohol (like any true San Franciscan!😉)
So, in the spirit of hibernating I bring you the Apple Pie Hot Toddy! Remember last weekend when I visited the SF Mead Co?? Well I picked up a bottle (don’t worry you can also find at Whole Foods) and decided to play around with mead cocktails! And I was not let down! Supa yummyyyy and takes 5 minutes! 👌
- Muddle ginger in a warm glass with juice from a lemon wedge.
- Pour in spirits and hot water (you may have to adjust measurements slightly based on glass size).
- Add a couple dashes of bitters (optional – but I never think it’s a bad idea😊)
- Give glass a few soft stirs
- Garnish with an orange peel or orange wheel with cloves in rind
Warm up this Sippin’ Sunday or impress your family on Thanksgiving by whipping up one of these bad boys after stuffing your face with turkey! It is the perfect way to end a big meal and sooth your full stomach. 😋 The addition of the Apple Pie mead is phenomenal. The mead and the ginger liqueur act as sweetener with extra flavor, bringing a new dimension to this traditional winter cocktail. 💃 💃
Colors (left to right) // Pantone 431C / Pantone 460C / Pantone 470C / Pantone 188C / Pantone 500C //