Don’t get me wrong, I am obsessed with this city. However, there is also nothing that I love more than getting out and exploring on the weekends. Because San Francisco is surrounded by all kinds of different environments, it makes it so easy to drive out just a bit and feel like you’ve traveled miles and miles to a new place. Which makes me so lucky to live here….slash to live in California! THE luckiest. 🌈 🌊
One of my favorite spots to journey and feel like you’ve had a day’s long vacation is Tomales Bay Oyster Company. The (almost always) sun, the lack of cell phone coverage, the calm water and boats… it all creates such a warm vibe and separates you from your BS back home — honestly so relieving and HAPPY to be there. 😃
So as you can imagine, I was STOKED to make the trek up last weekend for 2 of my favorite homies’ birthday party, such a BLAST. An epic reunion with an excessive amount of food and booozeee – dare I mention the “slutty brownies”?! 😁 YES because how can you not mention layered chocolate chip cookies, oreos and brownies DEEEEEEEE-liciousss. 😋
Now that I am a Tomales Bay pro, here are a few DO’s and DONT’s will help YOU out
if when you go:
- Bring something to grill other than oysters, ya need some substance in that tum!
- Make your own flavorful sauces to top the oyster (if you’re as bad-ass as the birthday girl you’ll make Sriracha butter) 👅
- Try an oyster if you’ve never had one before. They’re fresh as ever here; it’s where i popped my oyster cherry 😜
- Print out the directions beforehand (remember I mentioned that spotty cell coverage? Well you don’t wanna be stuck on windy Highway 1 without a guide)
- Come prepared: coolers, plates, cups WATER + enough food/drinks for your time cause once you’re up there you’re there
- Wear nice shoes or sandals – too muddy and dirty!
- Assume just cause it’s sunny it’s always hella hot. If the afternoon wind picks up in this bay you might get chilly so bring a jacket!
- Drink and drive: book a ride up there cause this place begs for day drinking 🍻
- Leave your sunglasses there 😩
- Be scared of shucking! Everyone must try!
So what are you waiting for? It’s the start of summer! Get out and explore Tomales Bay 😀
Colors (left to right) // Pantone 661 C / Pantone 653 C / Pantone 535 C / Pantone 427 C / Pantone 4635 C //