Last weekend I hopped on that choo choo train and attempted some much needed spring cleaning. But here’s the deal, I much prefer to think of it as spring “reorganizing.” 😊
I wouldn’t call myself a hoarder (despite what my gf thinks ha 😝) but I do like to hold onto certain pieces even when they may not be tip top trendy. Yes I support the ritual of cleaning out your closet once a year, but I’m here to tell you IT’S OKAY to keep some stuff! Hell, I’ll argue for it any day because you never know when that style is gunna come back and you’ll have a one of a kind piece on your hands. I’m an #enabler 🙋😁
That’s why I’m starting the revolution! Forget spring cleaning let’s all spring reorganizeeee our livessss.👊 No doubt living in any city means limited closet space, but I’ve found that instead of purging a lot of my clothes it’s all about how you reorganize them. 👌
If you don’t already have these hangers then, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?! Honestly it’s the only option. Velvet material keeps those silk blouses from sliding right off and the thin design is an epic maximizer for closet space.
Tip: Don’t buy from Amazon, they break constantly. Try to get from Container Store (shop the link below) or other reliable source.
- Get there right when they open. Like for real, wait outside status. The 2 min wait will save you a 2 hour wait later in the day.🙌
- Just because it has a brand name on it doesn’t mean they’ll take it. 🙀
- You gotta sell within the season/upcoming season. As branded or cute as your flower tunic may be, they won’t take it in the winter. Or as killer as your old fuzzy puff sweater may be, they won’t accept for spring seasons
- These places def like quality and trendy, so reallyyy asses for Goodwill musts.
- Good rule of thumb: If someone much older than you or much younger than you would wear it, chances are it’s rad – they’ll take it!
Typically in April, I pack away all my heavy coats, plaid, flannel, big sweaters, scarves ..and get out my skirts, loud prints, colorful gear, whites, & shorts. There’s no reason to keep these clothes accessible year round. Assess what you REALLY will wear for SS and then put your other clothes away. 🙏👙
The best part of all this?! If you reorganize your closet properly at the turn of the season you’ll be able to keep more and get rid of less! 😏👕 hehe…(Potentially even saving you money next year when you realized you really needed that one sweater you tossed). Granted, if it’s gross and out of date or you haven’t worn it once in the last 2 years, TOSS IT.
👗🌸 Happy spring
cleaning reorganizing, now get busy this weekend!! 😄👍
Stuff // Hangers: Container Store //