I wish I could always tell you exactly where to buy what I’m wearing but unfortunately some of the BEST stuff comes from those special moments in a thrift store…in the best thrift stores in San Francisco, to be exact.🙌😜 When, after pulling hanger from hanger resulting in sore arms and mental exhaustion, the stars align and you lay eyes on that perfect piece. ✨🔛👀
In fact, my everyday style largely consists of a mix of high-end and street, designer and vintage, a $200 pair of boots with a $3 top… Probably a combo that many San Franciscans toy around with 😜😜 – cause we all know how much SF lovesssss their thrifting!! Can’t even call yourself a SF rez unless you have your coveted thrifted piece, helllerrrrrrr! 👌🏼👌🏼
So as important as thrift stores are to me, and this city, I wanted to share my go-to’s in SF! In no order, the best thrift stores in San Francisco:
- Eden & Eden – The priciest of the bunch, but most curated and higher end. Some of my most coveted pieces from here. Suede skirts right from the 70s, interesting fabrics, minimal chic, stunning jewelry too – plus the owners are SO sweet.
- Afterlife Boutique – In true Mission District fashion, this one is chalk full of vintage hipster clothing. Their sunglasses and jewelry selection is one of my favs, not to mention great old graphic tees, vintage Wrangler and Coach bags are often a plenty.
- Wallflower – An interior Instagram haven, Wallflower has some of the prettiest, more bohemian style thrift clothing. But they also have so much more! Home goods, products, books, interior decorations – a total boho haven that just makes you 😃😃😃
- Painted Bird – As I’ve said 1, 2, 3…wait literally 7 times, this place is the bomb. Smaller aka more manageable, similar to Eden and Eden because so carefully curated BUT with a lower price point!👌 Can occasionally be a hit or miss but when its a hit its a HOME RUN.👏👏👕💫
- Held Over – Best on the Haight by far…prob because the owner holds his selection to very high standards. Find decades pieces, amazing patterned tops, shoes and a must stop before any festival. (Pssst usually if you’re on the fence about something they’ll cut you a deal 😉#winning)
- Vacation – Randomly in the Tenderloin but that almost makes it even betta! A weird mix of rocker/edgy and decade specific pieces but definitely one of those diamond in the rough type stores. If your open to it, you’ll find a gem here. Plus they have a cool hipster basement for small performances and events! – sooo SF 😆
Now that I’ve equipped you with ALL the ammo its time to grab yo wallet and hit these must-visit stores! 🌟🤑
Cough Cough… speaking of, I’ll be at Crossroads Trading (another great thrift store) tomorrow evening for an exclusive shopping and selling event so come through!!! 🙏🙏 There will be drinks, music and I’ll be pre-selecting all my favs for you to shop!! (AKA less sifting + more drinking!!….with ME of course! 😋 ) Join me and we’ll get weird! 👯👽✌️🍷
Crossroads Trading Customer Appreciation Event // Thursday 9/27 8PM-10PM // 2123 Market St. SF, CA //
Even more unfortunately, this whole outfit is thrifted besides the boots and sunglasses so you’ll have to use it at motivation to go hunt your own amazing thrift look!! But here’s my best shot 😜:
Colors (left to right) // Pantone Bright Green C / Pantone 408C / Pantone 7598C / Pantone 177C / Pantone 1795 C //
Photography // Sofola Mai //